wait[ing] and see[ing].

Sunday, August 01, 2004

what a creator!

so the Lord never ceases to amaze me...
I mean, after all, he DID create us so anything is possible.. right?
If before tonight I had any inkling whatsoever that he may not be working miracles, its been completely wiped away.

Going to church tonight, I knew big things were in store. I knew God was waiting to burst in and do works that would add some sort of validity to our faith.
WELL!
praise God!
The service started off normal enough. As normal as can be at DBC.
We prayed and sang and things were going good. God was moving and I could absolutely feel his presence surging through the room.
I've always heard pastor Cleetus talk about gold dust raining on everyone covering things, fillings turning gold etc. But I've always remained skeptical because 'that type of thing just does not happen.'
I couldn't have been more wrong!
As we prayed, we asked for fire to fill our hands. That the lord would bless us and change us and start a fire[etc etc same ol]
Well as we moved on, I felt like I couldnt close my hands. They were physically heavy. I couldnt stop holding them out in praise..it was like i was holding a weight and I couldnt let go of it, I could share it but it wouldnt subside.
I tried to ignore it and just rest my hands in my lap as Pastor went on, but it was soon brought to my attention that many of the other people in church.. I would say nearly half were experiencing the exact same thing.
It was so insane. I've never seen or experienced anything like it. Something was obviously going on so we started to pray and ask God to continue to move.
OUR HANDS!
a person across the room noticed it first.. little sparkles on their hands..
I looked down and they were forming on my hands as well!
I didn't know what to do. I was elated. I just submerged myself in prayer.
As I continued to pray, glancing down every few minutes more and more showed up until it was completely visible. gold dust!
we always pray for gold, and there- before my own skeptic sight!
a miracle!
So as to not assume I was seeing things, I went and sat with my sisters and their friend Braidy, who had never attended church before. It was apparent they all were experiencing the same thing. The fire had came down from heaven. Meri was sweating and a burn-like welt appeared on her hand. They too had gold dust covering their hands. Noone ever saw it fall, but it definately formed on a majority of the people in attendances hands.
I was afraid to touch anything for fear it would disappear.
I can't explain it. But I am certain it was the Lord moving.

what a wonderful and magnificent creator we have.
my mind is absolutely blown.
praise God!

No comments: